Twenty-one teachers and staff members chosen for exceptional service to Eau Claire area students and families.
The Eau Claire Public Schools Foundation (ECPSF) is thrilled to announce the 2022 Golden Apple Award recipients. The annual awards program honors one outstanding Eau Claire Area School District (ECASD) teacher or staff members from every ECASD school, plus one district-wide support role, for their exceptional service to students and families. Nominated by their peers and selected by area businesses, the 2022 Golden Apple Award recipients will be celebrated at an awards banquet on April 14 at The Florian Gardens.
ECASD Superintendent, Michael Johnson, recognizes the importance of educator’s dedication in the classroom: “The Golden Apple Awards truly are a celebration of our tremendous educators and staff in the Eau Claire Area School District. We are so proud of all our Golden Apple honorees and we thank the Eau Claire Public Schools Foundation, its partners and sponsors for their generosity and support of our Eau Claire public schools.”
The ECPSF partners with area businesses to honor every honoree with an unrestricted $500 grant for their classrooms. Additionally, every school receives a $500 grant for their corresponding ECPSF Fund for Today, which the principal may use to help meet their school’s greatest needs. Previous grant projects include establishing school gardens, purchasing flexible seating, and organizing field trips.
The 2022 Golden Apple Award recipients are:
- Chippewa Valley Montessori Charter School Fourth and Fifth Grade Teacher Maddy Blaser
- DeLong Middle School Special Education Teacher Jim Ivory
- ECASD Human Resources Generalist Meta Miske
- Flynn Elementary School Secretary Esta Mattice
- Lakeshore Elementary School Music Teacher Corinne Gransee Paral
- Locust Lane Elementary School Physical Education Teacher Bob Johnson
- Longfellow Elementary School Special Education Teacher Sarah Duerre
- Manz Elementary School Third Grade Teacher Kelsey Maki
- McKinley Charter School Special Education Teacher Erik Larson
- Meadowview Elementary General School Assistant Rhonda Winistorfer
- Memorial High School Theatre Teacher Amber Dernbach
- North High School Social Studies and Economics Teacher and Track Coach Joe Lilek
- Northstar Middle School Science Teacher Charlie Rohlik
- Northwoods Elementary School First Grade Teacher Liz Walsh
- Prairie Ridge Early Learning Center Speech Language Pathologist Angie Yates
- Putnam Heights Elementary School Counselor Drew Brandenburg
- Robbins Elementary School Physical Education Teacher Al Hudacek
- Roosevelt Elementary School First Grade Teacher Angela Berg
- Sam Davey Elementary School Interventionist Pam Woletz
- Sherman Elementary School Bilingual Education Assistant Choua Her
- South Middle School Band Teacher Lori Olsen
You can help celebrate the 2022 Golden Apple Award recipients by attending this year's banquet on April 14 at The Florian Gardens. Tickets can be purchased online: https://eccf.fcsuite.com/erp/donate/list/event?event_date_id=2460
Special thanks to WEAU 13 News for their dedication, time, coverage and service to this cause, and to ECASD for their loyal support of the ECPSF, district faculty and staff! Learn more about the Golden Apple Awards by visiting the ECPSF website, https://www.ecpsfound.org/ or by contacting [email protected].
The Eau Claire Public Schools Foundation is a Supporting Organization of the Eau Claire Community Foundation, a bridge connecting donors with charities in order to improve quality of life in the Eau Claire area. To learn more, please visit the ECPSF website at www.ecpsfound.org or email [email protected] or (715) 852-3015.