The Eau Claire Public Schools Foundation is fortunate to be a supporting organization of the Eau Claire Community Foundation, ECPSF is a distinct legal entity, also known as a 'supporting foundation' with the Eau Claire Community Foundation, by both its purposes and its operations. There are many advantages to being a supporting partner with Eau Claire Community Foundation including reduced costs and greater investment gains.
Supporting Organization Advantages:
- ECPSF qualifies for the tax considerations reserved for public charities.
- ECPSF also qualifies for the preferential tax treatment afforded community foundations when appreciated or closely-held stock is used to establish it.
- ECPSF may have its own letterhead, checkbook, and investment manager and may publish its own annual report.
- ECPSF Board of Trustees decides when and to whom grants will be given.
- ECCF Board of Trustees approves the ECPSF Board of Trustees.
For individual donors, supporting organizations are an excellent way to gain the participation and visibility traditionally associated with a private foundation without the paperwork or overhead. For private foundations concerned about continuity or maintaining their impact, supporting organizations provide a simple, effective way of ensuring that the foundation’s mission is not eroded by time and overhead.