Eau Claire, Wis. – August 25, 2022 – The Eau Claire Public Schools Foundation (ECPSF) is excited to announce the recipients of several ECPSF scholarships:
- Memorial High School graduate Avery Ambourn received a $1,000 Jacob Schieble Memorial Golf Scholarship
- North High School graduate Carson Duerkop received a $500 Eric Mosel Scholarship
- North High School graduate Emily Price received a $500 Ross Proctor Scholarship
- Memorial High School graduate Tristen Snow received a $500 Caravan Scholarship
- North High School graduate Caily Stolt received a $500 Joanne Marie Sommer Scholarship, a $500 Ruth Girnau Scholarship and a $10,000 J. Murphy STEM Scholarship
- Memorial High School graduate Lydia Walters received a $1,000 PESI Scholarship
- Memorial High School Graduate Hannah Zwiefelhofer received a $500 Ruth Girnau Scholarship
“These scholarships will create the opportunity for me to put my focus entirely on my education that wouldn't have been a consideration beforehand,” said Stolt, who will be pursuing a nursing degree at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire. “With this financial support, I am able to look into studying abroad and unique research opportunities that allow me to broaden my knowledge and perspective of those around me.”
All scholarships were established to assist seniors graduating from the Eau Claire Area School District fulfill their higher education goals. The $10,000 J. Murphy STEM Scholarship was established in 2016 through the generosity of an anonymous donor with family roots in the community, and a passion for helping students pursue careers in science, technology, engineering, or math (STEM). Additionally, the scholarship is renewable for up to four years, for a total possible funding of $40,000 per recipient.
The ECPSF looks forward to helping more donors establish scholarship funds for ECADS graduates over the 2022-2023 academic year. Graduates may apply for available scholarships beginning in January 2023. To learn more about these opportunities, visit www.ecpsfound.org.
About the ECPSF
The ECPSF is a supporting organization of the Eau Claire Community Foundation, which serves as a bridge connecting donors with charities in order to improve quality of life in the Eau Claire area. As a non-profit 501(c)(3), the ECPSF is dedicated to promoting value-added learning opportunities for students in the Eau Claire Area School District. To learn more about scholarships at the ECPSF, or to open your own scholarship fund, please contact the Executive Director at [email protected].